Gratitude

We all know gratitude is a state of being grateful and showing appreciation about those little things you think don't matter . I remember telling my little brother on a particular Thursday to look at that beautiful downpour from the sky and asked if he knew the best prayer to say during moments like this. 

After racking his brain, he came up with none , "well sweet brother, I started softly, the answer is simple, just tell God to protect the homeless" and lo and behold! He replied "Are there homeless people? I never knew we have some..." 

Innocence is beautiful because it keeps you from knowing about the ugly truth about life , but sorry to break it to you sweetie of course there are homeless people living under the bridge, beside the gutter , inside a dilapidated building ,outside the street. It was something so sad but I had to explain it to him I needed him to understand something.

"So you see why you need to be grateful my love."

I said , be grateful for the roof on your head ,cloth on your body , food in your stomach and even water to drink because some people don't even have this chance and you do . So never take it for granted instead showing gratitude is the best way you can show that you appreciate the way your life is going and won't trade it for anything .

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YALI NETWORK KWARA ESSAY COMPETITION

Your Emotional Health,Is As Important As the Physical.