𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄!

Suddenly, I heard a knock! Late into the night...

It's a long narrative but don't skip.🤔

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful Wednesday evening during the cool season of last year. I was returning from school and there was traffic on the way.

As I sat in the cab, I kept watching all the activities on the street. It was almost 6pm, the closing hour of most businesses.

....

From where I was, I could see market women returning home, young kids running after their elder siblings. I could hear noises of vehicles from behind and ahead... and about an hour later, I got home.

As I got home, it was about raining. So I walked inside my room and stay in bed to relieve my brain of the day's stress.
...

I took a shower and changed into my night wear from the ankle flay skirt I was wearing. I felt total freedom from the intense dressing I earlier had on.

I kept staring at my bible which was at the extreme end of the bed and almost beside my head.

I haven’t read it in two days and I felt I was already doing myself a bad favor.
...

Instead of just easing myself of the day’s stress, I decided to open the Holy Book. I opened to the Book of First John and almost immediately, a knock came at my door.
...

Who could it be at this hour of the night. It was exactly 7:45pm. I jumped out of the bed and went straight to the door. 

“Who is knocking?” was the first question I asked.

“It is I.” 

“What! You?”

I opened the door and saw the least expected person. 

Why is he coming at this hour of the night? Even with the rain? I welcomed him and showed him to the only seat in my room.

----------------------------------------------------

“C.J why are you here this night?” I asked.

“I have missed you Mary. It’s been few days I saw you last. I checked you on Mathew Street where we usually meet, I did not see you, I waited at other junctions where we often talk, I did not see you. I was left with no option than to come right here.”

He stood up from the chair and moved closer to me. He sat right beside me on the bed and the world was looking as if it would end.

...

I felt uneasy especially with the state I was. I was partly dressed, on my bed, alone with him, and trapped with the noise brought by the torrential down pour.

“Kia! Who can help me?” I thought. 

All my life, I have tried avoiding a scene like this.

How will I explain to my friends and family? What will they think of me?

....

As He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes, I knew that might be all.

His right hand kept resting on my left shoulder while his left hand walked through my hair. He started to confess his love for me. It came so fresh even than a freshly baked bread.

I was lost in words and speechless, my total being started to respond to his bidding… suddenly, an escapade of romance started… I was gone! I was high!

....

Who can save me at this point? No one! I was lost in him! 

…..

“Mary! Mary!!” My neighbor shouted “I need your charger please.”

I Jolted back to the real world! 

Alas! I journeyed into the love of the father through the book of John. It was so real and tangible. After two days of absence, the father professed he has missed me. 

He drew me into His arms again and held me tightly… Oh No! I can’t go back to my unstable past. I’m here to stay with Him. Dear Christ Jesus (C.J), thank you for loving me.

Fiction but true. If you have forsaken your first love, go back to Him now. He is waiting for you. He is knocking, just open the door for Him like I did. 

Can you join me in telling the world about Christ, In making them know that He is the only solution to our problems. 

Thank you for reading through. 🤗🤗
I love you all 🥰🥰

˙·٠•●♥𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ♥●•٠·˙
©Mary Ade-Eko

Reach her via: adeekomary527@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YALI NETWORK KWARA ESSAY COMPETITION

Your Emotional Health,Is As Important As the Physical.

Novelty