Contentment


Contentment - How to overcome unhealthy competition.
Contentment as defined by the British English dictionary is happiness in one's situation and satisfaction.
It introduces us to the concept of being happy and satisfied regardless of your situation. This means that your happiness is not tied to whether your circumstance warrants you being happy or not.
I view contentment as a choice you make. You chose to be satisfied despite your unmet needs. No one can make that choice for you, it is your call to make.

In basic economics, we were taught that human needs are unlimited and there are limited resources available to meet those needs. The implication of this is that regardless of one's level of wealth and affluence, the probability of having zero need is very slim. So if you tie your contentment to the amount of wealth you can accumulate or amaze, or you tie it to the more I have, the happier I will be. Then you have a very slim chance you will ever be happy or satisfied.
Apostle Paul says in Philippians 4:12,13 I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

This does not in any way nullify the importance of being financially buoyant and well to do. But it highlights to us the message that even when we are not where we would love to be in terms of wealth, we are still satisfied with what we have at our current level.
Chose contentment today, and you will see yourself overcoming the unhealthy competition and societal pressure.

Adefila Charity
boluwatifecharity@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YALI NETWORK KWARA ESSAY COMPETITION

Your Emotional Health,Is As Important As the Physical.

Novelty